Sweet Taste of Summer

>> Friday, April 18, 2008

It's been a while since I posted but I have a whole week at home and lots of things to get caught up on. Instead of starting with the backlog, I'm starting with today. It's not summer yet, but it sure felt like it this afternoon. Almost 80 degrees! I've been trying to figure out a recipe for strawberry lemonade and today I finally got it right. Perfect timing!

For each glass of lemonade you need. . .

juice from 1 lemon
1 cup cold water
6 teaspoons sugar (yes - you read that right)
1 heaping teaspoon frozen strawberry daiquiri mix (the secret ingredient)

Stir it all up and enjoy.

Jo was a very helpful model for me this afternoon so I made them fancy-schmancy as a treat for her, dipping the rims of the glasses in pink sugar and garnishing with a strawberry and a straw. She especially liked the sugared rim.

I needed to develop the recipe to include it on the back of the hang tags for my frilly Madeline aprons. I'm finishing up a big batch of aprons this weekend to go out on Monday - that's what Jo was modeling for me. She was in a great silly mood and I got some fun shots.


I'm not sure where she learned how, but she's really started striking a pose when I take her picture - hands on hips and a genuine smile.

And here she is in all her true goofiness.

3 comments:

Elisa M April 20, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

Jo is so cute and looks so fun! I love it.

Todd May 5, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

She is getting so big, I can't wait to see y'all again- are y'all coming to the Decatur bookfest?

Alan Gratz May 5, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Yep! I don't know which day, Saturday or Sunday, but I'll be there -

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP