Doll Clothes Envy

>> Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is it wrong to covet a doll's wardrobe? Here are the latest pieces for the wardrobe to be auctioned off. It's not the dress that I want (A-line shift dresses really only look good on children and stick figures) - it's the fabric.

I bought this years ago - I don't remember what for - and like an idiot I only bought 1/2 a yard. I've used a couple of pieces in quilts, but every time I look at it I think it would have made a great little skirt. It's got all the colors I wear and I love the pattern. Oh well - now it's a little doll dress.

Or shirt. It also looks cute as a tunic with the green velvet pants that I made to go with this strawberry shirt.

I just shortened the dress a bit to make it into a shirt. I also thought the neckline on the dress scooped a little too low. I redrafted the pattern to make it a bit higher, then realized instead I could make the shoulder straps overlap and snap together. It raises the neckline AND gives a cleaner finish to the top.

Only a couple more items to go and then I turn it all in tomorrow. Whew!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP