Pile o' Pincushions

>> Monday, July 30, 2007

Our big plans for a baseball game on Saturday night - it was Crash Davis Bobblehead Night! - had to be scrapped because of rain, so I spent more time sewing this weekend than I expected. I made up 150 blocks for my new quilt AND whipped up a pile o' pincushions using nothing but scraps.

I took apart Alan's Hagrid wig and used the wool to stuff these. The red polka dot fabric is a scrap from the lining of Jo's Pelt of Elmo Poncho - one of my favorite projects ever.

I also made Jo a ladybug pincushion so she can have her own pincushion for her quilting, but I'm not happy with how it turned out. I sewed the buttons on before I put it together and stuffed it and the curve of the pincushion put the buttons in weird places.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP