Ichiko short story - SOLD

>> Sunday, June 18, 2006

Despite my predictions to the contrary in an earlier blog, my short story "To Honor Ichiko and Defend Japan" has been accepted by Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine! I'm both surprised and thrilled, as this is a premier mystery magazine, available in all the major chain bookstores and many more independents. I don't know the month it'll come out yet, but I'm told it will see print some time next summer (2007). At least that's a shorter time than it takes a novel to come out!

This story was rejected by AHMM's sister publication, Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, as I blogged in yet an earlier post. You can read the sordid details of the story's origins in this original post, where I discussed not wanting to let the world of Samurai Shortstop go.

I'll be sure to let you know what month the story runs when I find out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP