Little Shop of Stories

>> Sunday, June 18, 2006

I had my first Atlanta-area signing at Decatur's own Little Shop of Stories, our favorite local indie bookstore. We had a good crowd, padded with ringers from my extended family in Georgia. I actually signed books for strangers, which was a great feeling, and got a chance to read and discuss Samurai Shortstop with lots of folks. Thanks so much to Diane and Dave and everyone at Little Shop for a tremendous signing.


We were also honored to have James "Red" Moore on hand. (And of course, I don't have a picture of him! D'oh! My uncle got one - I'll have to get him to e-mail me one.) Red was a first baseman with the Baltimore Elite Giants, the Newark Eagles, and the Atlanta Black Crackers of the Negro Leagues of the Thirties and Forties, and was just this past week inducted into the Atlanta Sports Hall of Fame. He was playing ball here in America at the same time the Japanese professional leagues were getting started! Congratulations to Red, and thanks to him for making my signing special.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP