Still Snowing, Still Sewing

>> Sunday, February 14, 2010

It seems like we've been snowed in for weeks, but we're making the best of it. We haven't lost our power so we've been warm and comfortable. We've got plenty of good food in the pantry, two kinds of homemade soup in the fridge, and yummy fresh-baked goodies (chocolate chip cookies yesterday and a Red Velvet cake today). Jo's gotten interested in our Nero Wolfe DVDs so we've been working our way through those, and we have an amazing collection of books. But mostly I've been sewing. Lots and lots of sewing. I've finally finished my bunny-making binge and started listing those in my shop - and I've moved on to some of the dolls I need to make. My worktable has been a jumble of legs and arms. . .
. . . partially assembled dolls. . .

 
. . . teeny little crocheted scarves. . .

 
. . . and impossibly painful-looking almost-finished dolls. . .

Ouch! That last bit where I pin it all together into one contorted mess is my least-favorite part of making the girls. But when I sew it and turn it right side out - it's magic. I finally get to see what she's really going to look like and I start really deciding on her name and personality.

I've got lots of new girls to introduce to you - and some bunnies too - but I'm still editing pictures. For now I thought I'd give you a little sneak peek at the girls in progress.

More snow forecast for tomorrow [aargh!] so more sewing in my future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP