Neil Gaiman to write a Doctor Who episode

>> Tuesday, February 9, 2010

 

Neil Gaiman, author of Sandman, American Gods, The Graveyard Book, and too many other great things to list here, coyly let slip that he had penned a Doctor Who episode, which will air not this season, but next season, sometime in early 2011. Said @neilhimself:

"As anyone who’s read my blog knows, I’m a big fan of a certain long-running British SF TV series. One that I started watching -- from behind the sofa -- when I was three. And while I know it’s cruel to make you wait for things, in about 14 months from now, which is to say, NOT in the upcoming season but early in the one after that, it’s quite possible that I might have written an episode. And if I had, it would originally have been called 'The House of Nothing.' But it definitely isn’t called that any more.

Countdown. You’ve got about 14 months."

As we're fond of saying around here lately, "Oh, my giddy aunt!" We can't wait!

And has anyone else wondered if the bow tie Matt Smith is wearing as the new Doctor is more than just an homage to the Second Doctor, Patrick Troughton? Personally, I'd love to see a fair bit of the Second Doctor channeled into this new incarnation...

(story via The Guardian)

1 comments:

tanita✿davis February 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

Yep, I SAW this on his blog...
But I'm waiting for your and Wendi's episode instead. ;)

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP