Meet the Girls

>> Sunday, November 15, 2009


I've been sewing up a storm (seriously - my sewing room looks like a tornado went through it) and making lots of cute dolls. Meet the Lucys. They're all made from the same pattern - so are they sisters? Cousins? I'm still deciding. I get a little bored sometimes if I make the same thing over and over again so I decided to make just 26 dolls from a pattern - kind of a limited edition. Numbers seemed like a really impersonal way to track such cuties, so I decided to keep track by their middle names. From left to right they are: Lucy Dee, Lucy Claire, Lucy Beth, and Lucy Anne. Lucy Beth has already found a home, but the others are all in my shop.



 I love doing the hand-embroidery on their faces.

I've also made some Abigails.

Meet Abigail Betsy, Abigail Antonia, and Abigail Catherine. Abigail Catherine went home from the SPMS Book Fair yesterday with a new friend, but her sisters/cousins are in my shop.

Jo gave me some very specific instructions for making holiday elves (little buns on the top of their heads and curly-toed shoes with bells). The dolls are finished, but I haven't had a chance to photograph them yet - so more coming soon.

I haven't made dolls in years, and I'm having a blast. I had forgotten how magical it is to finally turn the finished doll right-side out for stuffing. Fun!

1 comments:

tanita✿davis November 19, 2009 at 5:27 AM  

Can't wait to see the elves. These are adorable!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP