Feelin' Crafty

>> Sunday, October 25, 2009


I woke up one day last week with a hankering to make a doll. I spent the next few days clearing off enough space at my work table to at least lay out a small amount of fabric, and yesterday I got down to it. And here are the results. I still need to do some tweaking to the pattern. Jo liked the knee joints because it made the doll sit nicer, but she gave a thumbs-down to the elbow joints, so those will go in the next version.

The original version also didn't have a removable skirt - it was just part of her body. See?

But Jo thought it her skirt should "be more floofy." That was, of course, accompanied by hand gestures showing how her skirt should flare out more. So I added a simple little elastic-waist skirt that can be removed. Also fun is that I can make a million extra skirts and Jo can change her look at will. I think I also want to make a little cloche hat and a scarf for her - just for fun.

So, version two coming today. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP