DragonCon 2009 Pics - Part Two

>> Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So, there weren't as many heroes and villains at this year's DragonCon, despite Gratz Industries' best efforts (above). Even so, we did catch a few who were pose-worthy:

Bride of Freakazoid!

Black Manta--complete with voice modulator. Don't know what's being modulated by that codpiece though...

Indy and Willie Scott from Temple of Doom. (Not comic book, but they count!) The Willie Scott dress was really amazing, and won a Friday Night Costume Contest prize.

There were two Flashes this year, AND a Professor Zoom (in the yellow).

Flash #2 came with Impulse.

And they all posed with the Trickster. (Let's call one of the Flashes Barry, and the other Wally.)

Professor Zoom (aka the Reverse Flash), Heat Wave, and Weather Wizard. Props for bringing the Weather Wizard to life, dude! Now THAT'S an obscure one.

The ever-popular Harley Quinn and a Nurse Joker.

A good Spider-man, and some chick who jumped in as we were taking the picture.

And since I put Wendi in at the beginning, I'll reciprocate with this pic of me trying on an INSANELY COOL, handmade leather jacket with the Flash insignia on the shoulder and the back. What I like most is it makes me look buff! I would wear this every day if I owned it. It wasn't even laced up all the way. This and a variety of other hero-inspired doublets can be purchased from Pendragon Costumes for a mere $405 each--which is why I only have a picture, and not a leather jacket.

Next up: sky high sci-fi!

3 comments:

tanita✿davis September 16, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

Yay, Gratz women! I like those duds -- especially the green tights and white boots. I would wear that on a normal day.

Hi! I'm Wendi! September 16, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Thanks! I would not wear the boots on a normal day because they were INSANELY UNCOMFORTABLE. And I wish I had taken the dress in on the sides a bit. I was going for a mod-style A-line but I think it just made me look wide.

Anonymous,  February 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM  

As the guy who wore the Weather Wizard costume (wow, has it been almost four years ago?), thanks for recognizing him! And you're welcome!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP