Ta-ta, Utah

>> Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm back from Utah! I took lots of pics on my camera, but forgot the doohickey that lets me transfer them easily to my computer, so I'm late in blogging them. (I also spent a fair amount of time wrestling with the Blogger utility that's supposed to let you send pics directly from your camera to your phone, but that's a rant best left to another post.)

The view back down the canyon from Alta Lodge.

The view of "Mount Baldy" from the Alta Lodge's back porch. The first morning we were there, it snowed up there! There was also ice on our deck. In August!

A view farther up the canyon from the back porch.

This is what the view looked like without the snow and clouds. Together, Colleen Venable, Lauren Myracle and I climbed up to that first pass. That was about all our lungs would allow. I figure we were at about 9,000+ feet at that point. Alta Lodge sits around 8,500 feet above sea level, and that mountain in the background is aroun 11,000 feet in elevation.

There is a moose in this picture. Seriously. He looks like a speck at this distance, but that just proves how big he was, as this is looking over a wide valley. If you click on the picture, you can search for him, "Where's Waldo?"-style. I'll give you a hint--he's near the middle of the photograph, walking left-to-right, and is out in the clear part, not among any trees.

On the way home, we flew over the Grand Canyon! The pilot was great to let us know, and tilt the plane back and forth so both sides could see. I thanked him on the way out!

And now we return me to my regularly-scheduled life...

1 comments:

tanita✿davis August 19, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Okay, DUDE. Big moose. Seriously big moose.

I've never been to Utah. It looks like it would be really fun to camp there, at least very EXCITING to camp there.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP