Shuffling Along

>> Thursday, July 30, 2009

An old friend from work tagged me on Facebook for a music meme. I'm pretty in love with my MP3 so I actually did this one. The rules were simple - set your MP3 on shuffle and write down the first 15 songs that come up.


I linked to as many as possible in Amazon so you can have a bit of a listen if you're curious. Here's what I got. . .

1. Short Skirt, Long Jacket - Cake (favorite line: with fingernails that shine like justice)


3. Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) - Looking Glass (I always turn the radio up for this one)




7. Penguin Lament - John Ondrasik (both this and #6 are from Dog Train by Sandra Boynton)

8. Ob-la-de, Ob-la-da - The Beatles (annoying - Amazon sells a million versions of this song - but none by The Beatles)




12. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Sixpence None the Richer (I couldn't find a place to preview the song - too bad - there's a reason I listen to it all year)

13. The Cover of Rolling Stone - Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show (I always picture Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem when I hear this song) (hey - I just found out this was also written by Shel Silverstein - thanks Wikipedia!)

14. My Favorite Things - Nathan (such a pretty version)


Hmmm. . . I don't know what this says about me. And I'm shocked that no They Might Be Giants came up - sometimes I think they fill half my playlist.

Anyone else want to play?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP