Baa Baa Doily Sheep

>> Friday, July 17, 2009

A new addition to our imaginary farm. Sometimes I actually think about getting sheep. I really like slow, meditative crafts (I actually enjoy binding my quilts) so I'm pretty sure I would like handspinning. I know I would love dying the wool - all the beautiful colors I could make! And I don't knit, but my sister is a terrific knitter and would know just what to do with handspun yarn, so I know wouldn't end up with a bunch of skeins of beauty just sitting in a basket where I could pet them once in a while. But then I remember that I know nothing about sheep and I've never tried spinning and I'm really pretty busy right now and don't have time to learn another new craft. I think we'll stick with chickens on our "farm" - for now.

1 comments:

tanita✿davis July 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Doily Dolly Sheep is adorable.
You might want goats instead of sheep, though. One thing I hate about them is that they eat the grass down to the ...dirt. They can absolutely ruin a hillside, which is why shepherds have to constantly move them to new grazing.

Moving the chickens in their fancy new house: way easier.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP