Penelope Cannot Contain Herself

>> Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh Penelope - you were such a joy to stitch! Your name came to me so clearly as I stitched your face - what a nice way to begin! Those spirals in your hair were kind of a bear to stitch, but I love your springy curls so I'm glad I did it. As I started stitching your hat in place it occurred to me that you were singing and I spent some time imagining what your song would look like while I finished stitching on all the tiers of your fabulous, impractical hat. By the time I finished adding your song, that hat no longer seemed worthy of it, so the hat got some scrollwork too. We had a couple of tense moments when I rinsed out the stabilizer and the red background and permanent black ink I used on the stabilizer bled everywhere, but we made it through that near-disaster with your joy (and mine) intact. Whew! And now it's time to send you out into the world. I'm going to "frame" you in an embroidery hoop and send you out to the TRAC Gallery for the Studio Tour Exhibit. Prints will be available soon too. You're my favorite piece so far - thanks for bringing such joy to so many (many!) evenings.

Love,
Wendi

2 comments:

Tangled Stitch April 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

I love Penelope. She's very whimsical and lovely.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP