Won't You Help?

>> Monday, January 5, 2009

Look at this poor, insane child. Clearly she has lost what little mind she had. Doesn't she make you weep just to look at her? Well, you can make life for this wretched thing a little more bearable by helping to send her on an overnight field trip to the Gatlinburg Aquarium with her fellow inmates.

All this month, this mental mendicant is being forced to read as many books as she can in a fundraising Read-a-Thon. For every picture book she reads aloud to her suffering parents, she earns ten cents to a dollar, depending on the level of sponsorship. Yes, for just pennies a day you can help send this pathetic little girl to sleep with the fishes. (But in a good way.)

Interested? Jo's pauper parents are ponying up ten cents a book. Her grandparents, fat with riches in their twilight years, have been taken for twenty-five cents a book. But we're her only sponsors. Won't you help? Jo would love to have more sponsors, at whatever rate you can afford. In five nights, Jo has already read twenty books.

Want to help? Drop us a comment here!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  January 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Put me down for a dime per book.

kangashop January 5, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

I think .10 a book is only fair for an amazing list of books that I can read with my daughter. I would be happy to sponsor her, although you don't know me well (I created Bruce the triangle shark from Wendi's awesome pattern and have followed your blog since then). If it is OK with you count me in!

Anonymous,  January 7, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

I rounded up two more sponsors at a dime apiece.

Anonymous,  January 7, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

One more, so three plus me.

Christin January 10, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

I'll sponsor her at a dime a book, sure. :-)

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP