The Great Picture Book Culling: Day 2

>> Saturday, January 3, 2009

I like Alan's title better than mine (natch) so I'm going to start using it. Here's what Jo read last night.
Big Dog. . .Little Dog by P.D. Eastman - I love the little bird in almost every spread. And - for a bonus - I got to explain to Jo what hitchhiking is!Coyote by Gerald McDermott - he's a great storyteller. His pacing is perfect, his language has a great rhythm for reading aloud, and I love, love, love his art.A Poem for Tink by ??????. I know Alan said we wouldn't say bad things about the books we decide to cull - but I just decided (all on my own - I can be high-handed like that sometimes) that this rule only applies to books with actual credited authors. A Poem for Tink was a long, boring excuse for using foil, glitter, and other shiny things on the pages. Jo was the first one to vote it gone. Since she's a huge fan of all things associated with the Disney Fairies I think this pretty much says it all. The regular Disney Fairies novels are really good - but this was a waste of paper - and gitter.
Read-a-thon status so far: 9 books

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP