The Read-a-Thon Begins

>> Thursday, January 1, 2009

Today Jo started a read-a-thon at her school to raise money for a class field trip to the aquarium in Gatlinburg. It's going to be an overnight trip and we (I'll be chaperoning) will be sleeping with the sharks. Fun!

Anyway - the read-a-thon is going to be awesome. The plan is to work through all of our picture books, deciding which ones are keepers. Tonight she read. . .

Mary and the Mouse, The Mouse and Mary by Beverly Donofrio with art by Barbara McClintock. I covet the house Mary lives in as a grown-up.Jo's favorite of the night was I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont with art by David Catrow. I love the illustrations - the little boy paints himself with such absolute abandon!We also all love Ten Little Mummies by Philip Yates with art by G. Brian Karas. This is Jo's favorite page - all it takes is the merest suggestion of nudity to send her into a fit of giggles.

She also read I Spy Shapes in Art by Lucy Mickelthwait, If I Had a Robot by Dan Yaccarino, and Five Little Fiends by Sarah Dyer.

I sponsored Jo for 10 cents a book. The read-a-thon goes on for a month and at this rate I'll end up shelling out almost 20 bucks. Anyone else out there want to sponsor her too?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP