Happy Solstice - part 2

>> Monday, December 22, 2008

What a fabulous day yesterday! After we opened gifts Alan and Jo played Lego Batman all day (yes - ALL DAY) while I baked bread, baked cookies, baked a cake, and baked lasagna. When I wasn't baking I was sitting in front of the fire doing some embroidery while I listened to Stacey Kent on my new iPod shuffle.
It's so tiny! And pink! I love it. I immediately loaded up the two new CDs Alan got me.I could listen to her all day - but until now we've only had Breakfast on the Morning Tram.

I also spent some time reading this new bookand daydreaming about where to hang this new print.Isn't it awesome? It's available from 826 Valencia.

And last - but not least - is this beautiful tray Jo made me in school with Lisa Clague. She says it's for food but I think I'll want to use it in my sewing room so I see it every day.After Jo went to bed we watched some of Alan's new Jeeves and Wooster DVDs. Pretty much a perfect day - except for the gusting winds that occasionally swept down the chimney to blow ash in our faces and on my embroidery. But other than that - a perfect day. :-)

Happy holidays everyone!

1 comments:

Karin January 11, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

Hi Wendi -- was going some "catch-up" reading and had to laugh when I read about your Man and Girl playing Lego Batman. Ditto in this house! I'm amazed at how fast my 5-year-old picked up on it. And hearing the dialogue between them is hilarious.

And I hadn't heard of Stacey Kent before so googled a bit and wow, she's fantastic! Glad you mentioned her!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP