Tutorial - How to Split Stitch

>> Friday, November 28, 2008



Another tutorial? Already? Yes - that's right folks. I have big plans to get a kit listed by tomorrow too - and then it's at least one free pattern or tutorial every week until the new year when I launch my new and improved website. Alan asked if my intern was going to do all this. Since my intern is imaginary it's unlikely that she'll be very helpful. I'm hoping that putting this goal out there in writing means I actually get it done.

So here's the new tutorial. This time I'm showing you how to sew a split stitch - my favorite stitch for embroidering lines. I used it on this dress.
I like that it has some texture to it - when it's done it looks kind of like a little braid on the surface of the fabric. Nice. It's also substantial enough to cover any marking lines on the fabric.
One note - I'm not using an embroidery hoop in the tutorial. That's because I'm working on felt and felt is sturdy enough not to need a hoop - just be careful not to draw your stitches too tight. If you're doing this stitch on regular fabric - use a hoop.

If you'd rather view the tutorial on Flickr the link is here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP