Project Barbie 02 - Team Alan & Wendi

>> Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Project Barbie 02 is finally done - after a bit of a delay. This one was a team challenge and we (meaning I) worked from Alan's design while Alan's on the road. After taking a look at the Bitten offerings at Steve & Barry's we decided to keep everything pretty simple - both in shape and in color.

So here's a simple 3/4-sleeved dress in light gray - similar to the color of my hands which were quickly going numb on this cold, damp, windy day. SJP said she was looking for items that would fit a wide range of sizes and body types so we went with a belt instead of darts.

Alan had the idea to put a more colorful quilted vest over the plainer dress (all the color in the Bitten line - and there isn't much - is in the jackets and vests). In the picture above you can see the squared-off neckline for the vest. In the one below you can see the quilting.

Yes - I quilted the fabric to give it that "puffy vest" look. And binding the edges and the armholes with the %$#& slippery fabric that Alan chose was the least fun thing I did all year. And I had a root canal this year so that's saying something. But I do love how it turned out so it's all good.

5 comments:

Alan Gratz November 28, 2007 at 12:58 AM  

See? I knew I chose the right partner.

Anonymous,  November 28, 2007 at 9:14 AM  

I can't believe you quilted that vest, it is adorable!!!! Ya'lls outfit is much cuter than the winning outfit from last week.

Sara Z. November 29, 2007 at 10:56 AM  

I would totally wear that!!! Seriously, I want it. Can you make it in a 10 Petite? :)

chloe,  February 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM  

i could do a better one

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP