Rebound Designs

>> Friday, October 12, 2007

A little searching on the web is turning up all kinds of great things made of old books. Why so much searching? I have a million ideas for things I want to make from my very large pile of very damaged books - not all of them lend themselves to the small size of the pendants - but I don't want to duplicate what anyone else is doing. And it's FUN!

So here's my latest find. Her name is Caitlin and she makes purses out of old hardcover books. I covet this Nancy Drew bag.

My grandmother used to buy me a new Nancy Drew book every time she came to visit and I still have a soft spot for those little hardbacks. I have no idea where mine are though - probably sold at a rummage sale where I hope they made someone's day. I still remember the absolute delight of finding an entire box of Tintin books at a garage sale.

For those who need a somewhat roomier bag, check out this Shakespeare. Nice, eh? Very classy.

2 comments:

Kitt October 12, 2007 at 11:30 AM  

oooh, love the Shakespeare. You need a purse big enough to hold a book, of course.

Anonymous,  October 12, 2007 at 12:50 PM  

Oh, I remember those Tintin books!

Who ended up with the copy of Little Women that we had when we were kids? Because I think that one would make a fabulous purse.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP