Brush with Fame

>> Tuesday, October 9, 2007

So I was at a cocktail party for work last night - which sounds WAY more exciting than it actually was - until I met Matthew Reinhart. Matthew Reinhart, the pop-up artist who created Mommy? the pop-up book, featuring text by Arthur Yorinks and art by (drumroll please. . .) Maurice Sendak! Here are a couple of pictures from inside the book - perfect for Halloween (and the link to the book takes you to Robert Sabuda's website where you can buy a signed copy). Check out the way the monsters just pour out of the page on the second spread. I know it's a pop-up and that's what's SUPPOSED to happen, but this one is especially good.As if it wasn't cool enough just to meet him - he said he liked my necklace. I was wearing the Fishy Deep pendant with the turtle illustration from Chicken Soup with Rice. I would really have liked to talk to him about his work, but we started talking about where we're from instead, and then someone else came up and I didn't want to monopolize so. . .that was the end of my brush with fame.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP