Dolls and More Dolls

>> Sunday, December 31, 2006















I was cleaning out some of my seldom-used craft supplies (buried deep in Jo's closet) when I came across a big tub of doll parts. Years ago I was working at Davis-Kidd Booksellers when this great book arrived. Anatomy of a Doll. A coworker bought it for me on the condition that I would make a doll for her. I did (and of course I didn't take a picture) and the next doll I made was for me. Here she is.



















I especially love her beaded hair. I made a bunch of dolls, including a few from Julie McCullough patterns, but I really wanted to make something that was looser, more poseable. This is what I came up with.



















My favorites are the androgynous puffy pants people with macrame hair, but I also made a few girl fairies




























and some sleepytime fairies.



















All of them are totally poseable, with wire arms and legs and bodies. They can even climb trees!





































I loved them and, for some reason, I made up a ton of parts and clothing pieces. Now that I've found said tub o' parts, this is how I spend my evenings while watching TV. Fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP