Have book, will travel

>> Thursday, October 26, 2006

I had a student from one of my previous school visits e-mail me today to ask how many school and bookstore events I've done so far for Samurai Shortstop. I thought it was a great question. Here's the breakdown:

12 school visits
9 book store signings
6 festival appearances
5 convention and trade show appearances
1 library talk
1 minor league ballpark first pitch and book signing

Here's a list of all the places I've been so far this year, in order of appearance:

Lexington Catholic High School
Bluegrass Festival of Books
Holcomb Bridge Middle School
Carpe Librum Booksellers
Knoxville Festival of Reading
Memphis Redbirds
Square Books, Jr.
Little Shop of Stories
North Point Barnes & Noble
Cold Water Books
Haywood County Book Mania
Spellbound Children's Books
Decatur Book Festival
DragonCon
Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance
Palmer Trinity School
Books and Books
West Palm Beach Public Library
Sebastian River Middle School
Davis-Kidd Nashville
SCBWI Midsouth Annual Conference
Georgia Council of Media Organizations
West Cobb Barnes & Noble
JapanFest
Porter Ridge Middle School
Knoxville Writers Guild
Farragut Middle School
Pillow Academy
Oxford High School
Armorel High School
Blytheville High School
Gosnell High School
Southern Festival of Books
SCBWI Southern Breeze Fall Conference

I'm done for October, but I've got another two conferences and two more school visits lined up for November, and in December I'm doing a radio interview in Sandy Springs, Georgia, and speaking to the Atlanta Writers Club there later in the month. Unless I book anything more, I will have done 38 appearances for Samurai Shortstop since it hit the shelves on May 22, 2006.

And spring 2007 is already shaping up--I've got one school visit and one conference already booked, and I'm talking to another two schools about spring visits as well!

If you're looking for a published author to come and speak at your school, conference, library, ball park, rodeo, Halloween party, Woolly Worm Festival, or whatever, drop me a line. I'd love to add your event to my list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP