Books: The Mother Hunt

>> Sunday, February 19, 2006

I love Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe novels. I've read more than a dozen of them now, and I relish the interplay between eccentric detective Nero Wolfe and his assistant Archie Goodwin. The Mother Hunt was no exception. While this one was a little thin on plot - Nero and Archie are "blocked" for most of the book and make no headway on the mystery until the last quarter of the novel - it has great characterization in spades. Perhaps my favorite bits: more insight into the enigma that is Saul Panzer, the ace operative Nero Wolfe calls first when they need an extra pair of eyes and legs. Saul's great; he could easily be Nero's right hand man, if only he weren't so much like him!

1 comments:

Saul Panzer March 23, 2006 at 8:00 PM  

I'm rather partial to the Wolfe novels myself. Good luck with the book!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP