Maybe the apple wants a part too?

>> Monday, October 11, 2010

Hand model Kimbra Hickey would like a little face time.

That's what she told the New York Post this past weekend. See, those are her hands on the iconic Twilight cover, and she's really tired of people not realizing what a huge, huge part she has played in the publishing phenomenon:

"I see people reading it on the subway, and I say, 'Those are my hands! I'm a hand model!' " she explained. "I'm sure they think I'm crazy -- a crazy lady on the subway."


The good-natured Hickey sometimes hangs out near the cash register at the Barnes & Noble near her Greenwich Village apartment to spread the word. Surprised customers sometimes ask her for her autograph or to trace the outline of her hand on the book jacket.

She even carries around a Gala apple in her purse at times so she can recreate the pose for people.

"It was too big of a deal just to let it be," she said, although she admitted that she has become "a little goofy" about the whole thing.

 "A little goofy" might be understating things a bit. I get being excited that those are your hands on the cover of the millions of Twilight books out there, but I'm not sure I see a realistic way to parlay that into fame and fortune. She already works the Twilight fan convention circuit (selling apple-scented hand lotion!) but she's also hoping to land a part in the next Twilight movie:

"If I could get a little background part, it would be fantastic," she said -- "even if they only wanted my hands in it."



2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

ahhh...the craze continues. I'm still trying to decide if I should be surprised at this or not.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP