Accio Harry Potter Sequel

>> Wednesday, October 6, 2010


J.K. Rowling appeared on Oprah last week to talk about her life and times. On the topic of fame, which Oprah knows a bit about too, Rowling said that during the height of Pottermania she felt a bit like the Beatles. "But there were four Beatles, so they could turn to each other and say ;'My god, This is crazy!'" she told Oprah. "I couldn't turn to anyone."

The pressure on her after Azkaban (book three) became a midnight party event must have been otherworldly. I can only imagine the stress of having to meet a GIANT deadline where it's not just editors and a handful of readers waiting for your next book--it's MILLIONS of people. Not only that, but they're expecting something FABULOUS. Something to top the last Harry Potter book they read. Performing creatively at that high a level is enough to break anybody.

So why on earth would Rowling ever write another Harry book? She's richer than the queen of England, and she's won just about every children's book award and achieved just about every sales record she could get. I certainly wouldn't blame her if she never wrote another word again. Ever. But she was coy when asked The Big Question:

"They're all in my head still. I could definitely write an eighth, a ninth book....I'm not going to say I won't. I feel I am done, but you never know."

I have a feeling we'll never see another book set in that world again. Certainly not one starring Harry Potter. But one thing's for sure: if she DOES decide to write one, it's a fair bet she won't tell a SOUL until it's finished...

In the meantime, here's a blast from the past: Hank Green's "Accio Deathly Hallows" song!

 

And one more for good measure: The Potter Pals!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP