Peach Jam. . . nom. . . nom. . .nom

>> Wednesday, September 8, 2010

On the way back from Dragon*Con we stopped in South Carolina for some local peaches and - holy cow they are good! That basket is a lot for eating fresh, though, so we're canning some of them. Yesterday we (mostly Jo) made some jam.
I'm always slightly horrified at how much sugar goes into jam.
Jo loved ladling it into the jars.
We actually used a little too much fruit so this is a pretty soft set. I think we'll call this batch ice cream sauce and make another batch of more proper jam.
So pretty! And it will be so tasty poured over vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with chopped almonds. nom. . . nom. . . nom. . .

2 comments:

tanita✿davis September 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

*reader faints dead*

I miss produce from countries where there is ACTUAL SUMMER. Man, those look good.

And yes: the amount of sugar is always slightly terrifying, which is why I don't make jam very often... unless from very sour fruit like rosehips. Then, somehow it's totally justifiable.

Hi! I'm Wendi! September 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

I justify the amount of sugar by reminding myself that I'm only putting a tablespoon or so on a slice of good whole-grain bread. Along with lots of yummy butter.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP