Valentine's Day, Schmalentine's Day. Bring On the Bunnies!

>> Monday, February 15, 2010

It's been a bunny factory here at Gratz Industries. I've been tweeting about cutting bunnies (ew), surrounded by bunny parts (ew), embroidering bunny faces, sewing bunny bodies, and going through several big boxes of stuffing to make my bunnies plump and happy. And now I have baskets and baskets of Shiny Happy Bunnies making me smile. I sent off a shipment to Little Shop of Stories in Decatur, GA and now I'm slowly listing the rest in my Etsy shop. Here are some of the newest. . .

 
This little guy is made from some corduroy in soft spring green. His ears are from a silky scarf - it said Avon on it but I don't know if it was something you could buy from Avon or something that was a sales incentive for an Avon lady. I like to think it was the incentive.

 
I'm not normally a big fan of pink, but I love this guy with his teeny tiny little hearts. This was some leftover fabric that I used as a lining in a sassy black beret for Boho babies for the book Sweet Booties.

 
This guy makes me think of picnics and summertime. I am so ready for picnics and summertime. . .

 
This guy makes me laugh out loud. He's so very hairy! The fur is silky soft and it was the last bit of fabric I had leftover from a cape I made for Jo back when we lived in Atlanta. I made it because she hated wearing coats and in Atlanta it was usually warm enough to just go with something light. As I was making it Alan commented that it looked like I was cutting up the pelt of Elmo. It became the Elmo cape - but only between me and Alan. Jo still wears it.

 
This guy is made from a bright orange ribbed curtain I found at Goodwill. It looks like it came straight from the Brady Bunch home and I love it.
All of these guys are giving me a much-needed shot of color in our perpetually white winter. I can't believe it's snowing again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP