Sensational Sea Salt Caramels

>> Thursday, February 18, 2010

I just finished the last of the amazingly good sea salt caramels my sister gave me for Christmas. So, so good! I don't really like chocolate - but I feel about caramel the way most people feel about chocolate - there's no such thing as enough. I wasn't much of a snob about it - until I tried these. Now there's no going back to those hard little squares. These are chewy - but softly chewy. The flavor is amazing - and perfectly accented with little crystalline bursts of salt. I'm drooling on the keyboard right now. *taking a deep breath to collect myself*

But now they're gone - all gone. I've been working on losing weight so I limited myself to just one a day - and that only on days when I didn't eat any other dessert. It turns out that was the best way to savor them. Each caramel was three delicious bites - not to be eaten while watching TV or reading a book. Oh no - I ate these when I could devote 100% of my attention to the deliciousness. Sigh. So good. . .

Mermaid Sea Salt Soft Caramels available on Etsy from Mermaid Caramels.

6 comments:

tanita✿davis February 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Oh, man.
I got a box of Fran's salted caramels and opened them on Thanksgiving Day.

I decided that I would NOT buy any. Because SERIOUSLY: I ate one and immediately started plotting how I could get more.

That was Not Good.

I think your idea of savoring them is an excellent one: not while watching TV. Not while reading a book. Just... three small bites, rolled around on your tongue.

MAN, the salt makes them weirdly addictive.

(And SHHH! I have a ...recipe for them. Which I will not be making. For some months.)

Hi! I'm Wendi! February 18, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

OMG! Will you please share the recipe? I LOVE caramel but I've never, ever tried to make it. I'd love a tested recipe!

And what is it about the salt that makes them so awesome?

Dream-Adventures February 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

The Mermaid Caramels are amazing; I've savoured them day by day too!

Love, love, love em!

Unknown February 18, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Thank you so much for your sweet comments (pun intended perhaps) about our Mermaid Sea-Salt Soft Caramels. The business was started only last summer and the caramels are definitely an internationally addictive sensation. We wish you blessings on your diet and truly can't imagine how much harm one little delicious caramel could be?
thank you again,
Janelle - Head Mermaid at www.MermaidCaramels.com

Jennifer February 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

I also have had the wonderful pleasure of not one, but THREE helpings of Mermaid Caramels. The worst part about having them is trying to hide them from everyone else in the family.

I feel a little guilty about doing that sometimes, but not enough to stop!

These confections are little tastes of pure Heaven!

Jennifer Smith
Newest Mermaid Caramel Addict
(Is there a 12 step program for this??)

Hi! I'm Wendi! February 20, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

I did share one with my daughter - and after tasting it she was pretty upset that she only got one. I gently pointed out that she has THREE JARS of candy left over from Halloween. But I might get her some for her birthday this year. She's a real chocolate hound so I may try the chocolate caramels for her.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP