Hidden No More

>> Wednesday, January 13, 2010


It's been cold here lately - really cold. We keep blankets in the living room so we're cozy while we sit and watch TV. Boring polarfleece blankets that are crazy static-makers, with publisher logos embroidered on them - they were corporate gifts to me when I was a buyer for a group of bookstores.

Well no more boring blankets for us! The other day I switched them all out for pretty quilts I've made - beautiful quilts that I love, but that have been sitting neatly folded on a shelf for years. Why? Beats me.




I made this quilt several years ago for a book called Simple Contemporary Quilts. I love it, and now it sits on my chair, ready for me to snuggle, nap, dine, and sew under it.
 
This one is Alan's - extra long and made from scraps of his worn out boxers. It's all hand-quilted and I love it.

 
While I was at it I even added one to my desk chair. This one's a smaller lap-ish quilt, perfect for this use. It's one of my favorite patterns (I call it Wonky Squares) and it's all hand-quilted too. I'm sitting under it right now.

Whew! So much better! Does anyone else keep their favorite things hidden away?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP