When the Carnival Comes to Town

>> Friday, August 14, 2009

We had a terrific time at last year's carnival so we couldn't wait to go back when it came to town this year. See Jo in that picture above? That was what she looked like the entire night - head thrown back and laughing with glee. I love to see her like that.
The Paratrooper was definitely her favorite - and Alan was a trooper and went on it with her many times. I tried once, hurled almost as soon as I got off, and had to stick to the kiddie rides after that. Must remember to take Dramamine next time. . .Even the bee ride was a little much for me. Why do all these rides have to go around in circles in such a rhythmic way? The kiddie rides do have the best art, though. Look at these beautiful birdies! I love the squiggles that make the feathers on the breast.The super tall and wavy slide was awesome - and since we got there early on a school day there were NO lines and we could go again and again (and again and again) without waiting.Here's Jo on The Hurricane showing Daddy how much fun it is to ride with your hands up in the air. She thought she was showing him something new - cute!Such a daredevil. She asked me if she could ride The Paratrooper all by herself. I made the number one parent mistake of saying, "Oh, I don't know, Jo." She chose to take that literally and scurried over to read the sign, then came back and informed me that she COULD ride it alone. How could I argue with such initiative? So Alan and I watched while our tiny little girl sat in a car all by herself with her feet stuck out perfectly straight in front of her and rode the big ride alone. Oddly, she didn't laugh when she rode alone - she sang. I have no idea what she was singing (and she couldn't remember) but she definitely sang during the entire ride.The carnival looks a lot less seedy at night when the lights come on.One more spin on the carousel and it was time to go.See you next year, carnival!

2 comments:

Donna August 16, 2009 at 12:27 AM  

Oh man, I can't ride anything without getting nauseous. Swings are starting to be a problem. I don't know what it is.

Your daughter looks as though she's having a grand time! I wonder if there's something about the acoustics when they sing? Because you reminded me of my daughter singing when she'd ride on rides alone.

Hi! I'm Wendi! August 16, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

I think for Jo it must be something about the movement. She always sings when she swings, too.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP