Lunch Break

>> Saturday, July 4, 2009

I thought I'd take a minute to gloat about show you the view I enjoy every day when I walk to lunch. Gorgeous, no? That's the main cluster of buildings (mostly studios) at Penland School of Crafts. I work in the oldest building on campus (the original school building) about a quarter mile down the road.
There's a grassy knoll just across the street from the dining hall and sometimes artists display their work out there. Yesterday it was this beautiful dress made out of grass. As soon as I find out who the artist is I'll update this post. Here's a little closer view.
And here's the view on the way back to my office.
Imagine the walk with a belly full of shrimp Creole, French bread with garlic butter, tropical fruit salad (pineapple, mangoes, etc.) and a salad made with greens picked that morning from the Penland garden and you have a pretty good picture of a typical lunch break for me. Don't you want to come take a class? Alan and I are both on local standby for classes this Fall - Letterpress for him and Color Theory for me. Our fingers are crossed. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP