Cock-a-Doodle-Doo. . . someday

>> Thursday, July 16, 2009

New work two nights in a row? Say it ain't so! That's what comes of NOT teaching summer camps anymore.
For this little guy I wanted to just play - so I decided to make something ACEO-sized and I would NOT draw my cutting lines on the paper. I sketched a bit ahead of time, but then I cut free-handed. As you can see - my rooster didn't actually fit on the ACEO-sized green paper I used for the background, but I liked his tail feathers hanging off the side so I just mounted the whole thing to larger paper.
The inspiration? Our rooster, who is starting to crow a bit. Trying at least. Right now he sounds like a very awkward teenager and his crows sound like a cross between a squawk and a honk. I'm a little embarrassed for him. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP