Some Coordinating Robot Patterns

>> Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm done with the robots and I've started working on some coordinating patterns. This one could be a scrapbooking border or a wallpaper border in a room.
I added another row parading in the other direction to make a repeating pattern. Maybe something like bed sheets or a quilt?
I think this one is my favorite but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the unabashedly cartoony look? I think it would be a fun lining in a jacket.
Or this one might be my favorite. It was definitely my favorite to make. I moved each car into place using the arrow keys and couldn't resist making "vroom vroom" sounds while they moved. This is pretty small scale - each car is just 1 1/2 inches long. I was thinking boxer shorts print when I made it.
I wanted to do something with the feel of a large polka dot - but polka dots can be kind of girly. So I did square polka dots with rivets. Rivets = not girly.And finally, some fun nuts and bolts in a random scatter.

I have few more smaller scale prints I want to finish today, and then it's on to something new. Something girly. Maybe cats? We'll see.

You can see all the robot art so far here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP