Recipe: Best French Toast Ever

>> Thursday, February 26, 2009

OK - I make really good French toast. Jo an I have been taking turns choosing the dinner menu every night and last night she picked French toast and fruit. So I thought I'd share my recipe.

Best French Toast Ever

3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
zest of one orange
two dashes of cinnamon
1 teaspoon brown sugar
4 slices bread (I use whole wheat)

Mix up everything except the bread. Soak the bread until it's totally soggy with the egg mixture. Fry the slices up in some butter. Top with more butter and syrup and enjoy! We ate ours with orange sections (from the zested orange) and some kiwi on the side.

The orange zest is what makes it really awesome.

I have a studio day today so I'll be refinishing the desk that will hold my sewing machine (yay! sewing again!), getting caught up on email (ooh - awful backlog), and - hopefully - make some stuff.

2 comments:

tanita✿davis February 26, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

It must be French Toast week! Another blog I read had Cream Cheese and Jelly French Toast... Basically the same thing only sandwiched with creamed cheese and jelly.

Yours sounds better.

Unknown February 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

oh my gosh, i SO want french toast now! and i already ate breakfast!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP