The Great Picture Book Culling: Day 14

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Charlie and Lola book! Huzzah! Last night Jo read I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed by Lauren Child. This book is made of awesome. Every page, every word, is just perfect and it is so much fun to read aloud. Now that Jo knows there's no such thing as 13:00 this is one of her favorite pages.
I especially love the ones where Lola has come up with yet another fabulous reason she can't get ready for bed. This is an "I don't wanna go to bed yet" that I never, ever get tired of. :-)

Note: I was just adding the links to this post and all I could find for this book were used copies. Can it possibly be out of print? It's still showing on the Candlewick website but Amazon doesn't carry it. I went ahead and linked to the used sellers for anyone who wants to buy it - but if this is actually out of print I'm going to be very, very sad. Every child should have this book.

Jo also read a picture book version of Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown with art by Scott Nash. She loved the part where Stanley's parents put him in an envelope and mail him off to visit a friend in California - and she loved him being a surfboard for his friend to ride on.
Read-a-thon total so far: 53 books read
Books culled so far: 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP