Every book I read in 2008

>> Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Since January 2004, I have kept a log of every book I've read. Just titles and authors, no reviews or anything. Merely a record of my literary footprints.

I don't count individual comics--I'd say I read close to 100 of those in a year--but I do count graphic novels. I also don't count my own books, although I read those many, many times over in the writing and editing of them. But that shouldn't count. I don't include books I abandon, which happens occassionally, nor books I only partially read for research purposes. Oh, and I often read books with Jo, but I don't record those in my book. I should, but I always forget to. Bah.

So here they are--every book I read in 2008, in order!

The Blue Girl - Charles DeLint
Star Trek: Before Dishonor - Peter David
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier - Alan Moore & Kevin O'Neill
Star Trek: The Buried Age - Christopher L. Bennett
City of Saints and Madmen - Jeff Vandermeer
Infinite Crisis - Geoff Johns, et al.
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - E. Lockhart
Looking for Alaska - John Green
Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney
Sold - Patricia McCormick
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You - Ally Carter
Catwoman: The Dark End of the Street - Ed Brubaker & Darwyn Cooke
Inexcusable - Chris Lynch
The Maltese Falcon - Dashiell Hammett (reread)
A Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare
Paper Towns - John Green
Manga Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night's Dream - Kate Brown
Finding Atlantis - David King
Maps and Legends - Michael Chabon
A Thief in the House of Memory - Tim Wynne-Jones
The Ramayana - Ramesh Menon
Our Bones Are Scattered - Andrew Ward
The Great Mutiny: India 1857 - Christopher Hibbert
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne (reread)
The Mysterious Island - Jules Verne (reread)
Farthing - Jo Walton
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8: The Long Way Home - Joss Whedon, et al.
The Thief - Megan Whalen Turner
The Sherlock Files 1: The 100-Year-Old Secret - Tracy Barrett
Gentlemen of the Road - Michael Chabon
Trailers - Mark Kneece and Julie Collins-Rousseau
Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous - Joss Whedon and John Cassaday
Powers: Supergroup - Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming
The Marquis: Danse Macabre - Guy Davis
Feed - M.T. Anderson
Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O'Dell
Clouds of Witnesses - Dorothy L. Sayers
Monsters and Water Beasts - Karen Miller
Free-Range Chickens - Simon Rich
Star Trek: Vulcan's Forge - Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz
Mainspring - Jay Lake
Little Brother - Cory Doctorow
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier - Ishmael Beah
The Father Hunt - Rex Stout

Is that it? Wow. A year goes by so fast. 44 books. I averaged less than a book per week--around 3.6 books per month.

Here's to a great new crop in 2009! Happy New Year everyone.

3 comments:

Ren @ All By Myshelf December 31, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

I think, of the books on your list, I've only read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You. I love that book.
I've been meaning to read Disreputable History for a while, but I haven't had the time since I'm trying to finish reading Specials.

I should keep a list of the books I read. Mostly so I can remember what they are, especially library books if I really like them.

Please post your query letter soon (I was the one that asked for it at Ally Chat), because I could really use some help with mine. :)

Alan Gratz January 1, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

You too, Tbone. Here's hoping we get to blog about a new Project Runway season sometime this year!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP