Something Wicked on EW.com!

>> Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Imagine my surprise when today's Google Alert included a link to Something Wicked on ew.com! That's the web site of Entertainment Weekly, to which Wendi and I were long-time subscribers until we ran out of money. (Read: Until I, the author, became the primary bread-winner.)

This entry on ew.com's "Popwatch Blog" lists the opening lines of three current novels, and asks readers to vote for their least favorite. It's an odd way of phrasing things, and I must confess that I blithely scrolled down to the poll and clicked my own novel, thinking, "Oh! I think mine's the best! I'll vote for it!" before realizing, to my horror, that I had just voted my own novel's opening lines as the worst of the three.

What can I say? I'm an idiot.

So now I'm calling upon all you loyal Gratz Industries readers--go to ew.com's Popwatch blog and avenge my shame! Just remember to vote for one of the other intros--assuming, of course, you don't think mine is actually the worst. At first, I worried that this blog was saying, "Look, all three of these suck. Which sucks the worst?" But now I'm just feeling glad Something Wicked is on EW's radar, odd poll or not.

Right now, I'm winning--or, that is to say, fewer people have voted my intro the suckiest. Be sure to scroll down and read the comments too--my opening lines are getting some nice reviews down there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP