Meet Eric George

>> Thursday, November 20, 2008

I have a shadow today, and it's not just my five o'clock shadow from never shaving. His name is Eric George, and he's a senior at Mitchell County High School. As a graduation requirement, he has to follow around a professional in the field he's most interested in, and then he has to be interviewed as though he's applying for a job. Obviously I didn't have to apply for this cushy job I've got, but we're going through the motions for his grad requirements.

So today he's going to hang out with me while I do my author thing--which means he either gets to watch me sit quietly at my computer for four hours while I write a chapter, or we can sit in the living room and watch Columbo reruns. DVD here we come!

No, seriously, we're not going to watch TV, and he's not going to watch me write. (Which would be creepy anyway.) Instead, I'm showing him all the other stuff I have to do as a writer--like blogging, updating my school visit flier, and sending out my monthly newsletter. Fun! I'll drive him to a more practical profession for sure.

2 comments:

Fabricationist November 20, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

Here's my WII, this is my bowl for Cheerios. Do you like pizza? Do you know how to make pizza? Would you mind terribly? Also, the fridge needs restocking with coke, and if it's not too much trouble...

Anonymous,  November 20, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer got an intern.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP