Wicked Costumes

>> Tuesday, October 14, 2008


Check out this great interview Threadbangers did with Susan Hilferty - the costume designer for Wicked! I love the show and I love the costumes so it was great to get a behind-the-scenes peek.

I loved the book the musical is based on and I'll never forget coming in to NY for a meeting and seeing billboards everywhere for the musical - which I didn't even know they were doing! I walked on down to the Gershwin that night - just in case they had a single seat available. It had just opened, so of course they didn't - but I did come home with the soundtrack and one of the gorgeous posters. Alan and I finally got to see it when the show came to Atlanta - and it was awesome! Jo is a huge fan of the music - she knows almost all the words to almost all the songs and I wish we had brought her with us, but the book is definitely not for kids so I wasn't sure about the musical. It turns out it would have been just fine - but she's still waiting. It's back in Atlanta right now, but we found out too late to get tickets to the one weekend we could have made it. Oh well. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP