One Good Picture

>> Friday, October 24, 2008

One of my responsibilities in my new job is to manage the dual credit program - a partnership between Penland, the local high school, and the community college. A group of twelve high school kids get to take a class at Penland and earn high school and college credit. I assist the teacher as needed, but mostly I get to take the class with the kids. Fun! This year the class works with photography and glass. We just started glass (soooo cool!) and I thought I'd show the one good photo I took in the photography class. I used a Holga camera which is what gives the lovely vignetting (the dark shading in the corners). I love the square format too.

I really like this picture - it captures a quieter side of Jo that we don't often take pictures of. Jo thinks the picture is boring because there's no color. She thought that about The Addams Family too - until she got about five minutes into it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP