Google Alerts Round-up

>> Monday, August 25, 2008

I wouldn't be so vain as to have my name set up as a Google Alert, now would I? Of course not. I just--ahem--happened to stumble across these blogs while I was surfing the web for educational content. Yes. That's it...

My Horatio Wilkes novels are one of three mystery series recommended by BookKids.

Have Books Will Travel
is enjoying Something Rotten.

Merry Genre Go Round Reviews agrees with my mother that Something Wicked is fun, but doesn't need all those bad words in it.

And On Books and Birds says Something Rotten is one of fifteen books nominated this year for the Missouri Association of School Librarians' Gateway Readers Award.

Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

The Buried Editor August 25, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

Oh, Something Wicked had to have those bad words in it. It wouldn't have been a snarky Horatio mystery if it hadn't.

And like I said on BookKids, I love the series. When do we get to see the third book -- is it the Tempest as a mystery?

Gratz Industries August 25, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

The Tempest is definitely my favorite of Bill's plays, and I have a fun idea for it--Horatio as an intern at a Disney World-like amusement park in Florida, with a Walt Disney/Prospero like "magician" running the show. The Prospero character's daughter has joined the internship program to work her way up from the bottom, and of course falls in love with Horatio. "Oh what a brave new world that has such interns in it..."

But next up would be Something Foolish, based on A Midsummer Night's Dream, with Horatio clearing up some messy relationship trouble at an all night keg party. I've got the book all plotted out, but whether there will be a third novel in the series or not depends on sales. Wicked needs to sell well, and Rotten needs to sell better. You know how it goes.

Thanks for helping me get the word out!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP