I'm In!

>> Wednesday, June 4, 2008


I just got my invitation to be a beta tester for Spoonflower! I feel like I've been invited to sit at the popular table in the cafeteria at school! Of course that comparison would only really work if the popular table was where all the really cool crafty types sit which, sadly, never seems to be the case. But I digress. . .


What is Spoonflower? It's a fabulous new company that will print very short runs of fabric with my own designs! Since I've been working on repeat patterns (after reading this tutorial by Julia Rothman and using this tutorial to help me do it in Photoshop instead of with scissors) this is perfect timing. I don't know what pattern I want to do first - but I'm thinking something that could be a dress for Jo as well as a skirt for me. Maybe this one that I started sketching out tonight?


I'm on the road so this was taken at night, in my hotel, with my Blackberry and no flash. Not exactly ideal photography - but you get the idea. It was inspired by the cover of the current ReadyMade magazine. It arrived right before I left and I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but for two days now I've been thinking about all those God's Eyes on the cover.
I'm not entirely sure about the pattern as it's developing. I'll do a bit more this way, but I also want to try it with two different sized squares, where the smaller squares are 1/4 the size of the larger ones.


3 comments:

Anonymous,  June 5, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Congratz! We are extremely happy for you, pleased, and proud!
Ron and Dot

Kitt June 5, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

That sounds like fun! I know a bunch of people who would love to use a service like that, if it's at all affordable.

Anonymous,  June 6, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

Stephen from Spoonflower here: Thanks for the shout-out from Western NC (we're in the Triangle). Once you've had a chance to try it out, I hope you'll share impressions and suggestions for the Spoonflower site and service. And maybe next time we're up in the mountains we could have coffee.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP