Tie One On!

>> Sunday, February 3, 2008

I've been admiring all the greatness happening at the Tie One On apron challenges for a long time - but I didn't get my act together enough to actually make an apron until this time. This time the theme was polka dots - and I love polka dots. When Alan and I were talking about opening a children's bookstore we were going to name it Polka Dot Books. So I had to make a polka dot apron. And when I think polka dots, I think white dots on a black background. As luck would have it - I just found more of this classic print at my fabric store. I bought every inch left on the bolt.

So - a polka dot apron in a flattering A-line cut. Pockets are an apron-must. I continued the polka dot theme by making BIG round pockets. These are actually giant yo-yos. Just for fun.

Jo took the picture because Alan was out of town. Not bad, eh? I'm standing in the under-construction kitchen because the current kitchen is too awful to photograph - even if all you see is a tiny sliver in the background. See those red and blue lines in the background? That's plumbing, my friends. Plumbing! The rough-in is complete, so heat-pex for the radiant heat will be next. . .

And be sure to check out all the rest of the polka dotted lovelies here. They are fabulous! This one is my favorite. And there's a pattern available!

Speaking of patterns - check out my new and improved website with downloadable patterns available. See those shopping cart buttons? I made them myself! I had a problem emailing the large PDFs to a lovely (and patient) lady in Australia - and I knew the problem was sure to come up again - so I figured out this option. You click to buy and as soon as your payment is complete, it takes you to a new window where you can click to download your pattern. Fancy and high-tech - that's me. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP