>> Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Alan and I need a new project like we need holes in the head, but we're reeeeeally excited about Project Runway. I was thinking that it would be a lot of fun to play along at home, but Alan pointed out that we don't have the money or the time to make a full outfit every week - especially for some of the fancy event gowns that they make on the show. And so the idea for Project Barbie was born. Want to play?
Here are the rules.
- Watch the show on Wednesday to find out what the challenge of the week is. The idea is to approximate (as closely as possible) what they do on the show. If they make an outfit out of food, you make an outfit out of food - for a Barbie doll. If they make something using the clothes on their backs, you make something - for a Barbie doll - out of whatever you were wearing when you tuned in.
- There's no money limit. Seriously - how much are you going to spend to dress Barbie, even if you go deluxe?
- No need to count the hours worked, but your project must be done, photographed and posted to your blog by the Sunday night following the airing of the episode. Send us (blockhead [at] wendigratz [dot] com) a static link to your posting by midnight EST Sunday night.
- We'll post links to all entries on our blog by midnight Monday night. We'll also have a widget where everyone can vote on their favorites.
- Voting closes an hour before showtime the next Wednesday night, when the whole thing starts all over again. The winner will be showered with acclaim and glory.