Home Alone 2: Day Three

>> Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A quality writing day, if not a quantity writing day. I've abandoned hope of completing the manuscript by Friday, mostly because I see more time-eating tasks on the horizon: like the possibility of having to walk all the way BACK to the service station to pick up my car tomorrow. I may have a ride, but it depends on his schedule. I had hoped to go into Asheville tomorrow night to get a pizza and play trivia (I came in second among eleven teams the last time I was home alone and earned a $30.00 gift certificate!) but that plan will be scrapped if it means walking two hours to pick up the car. I love Mellow Mushroom pizza (and those who know me know what an understatement that is) but I don't think I would walk two hours and drive another two hours there and back for one.

We also have the tree guy coming tomorrow. Regrettably, a couple of trees have to be taken down to make way for our new house - but fear not! We'll plant far more than we cut down on this lot. I also still have to sign a contract and get our blueprints okayed by a building inspector, which I ALSO hoped to do tomorrow.

Did I mention I wanted to actually do some writing tomorrow too?

Okay, here are your daily lotto numbers:

Days home alone: 3

Chapters written: 4

Pages written: 30

Wii baseball: Within 200 points of pro

Wii bowling: Bowled four games; maintained pro status

Wii tennis: Still pretty hopeless

Wii golf: Shot another 3 under; maintained pro status

Mellow Mushroom pizzas eaten: Still just 1

Miles walked: Still just 5, thank goodness

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP