Who Wants to be a Superhero? I do.

>> Tuesday, February 27, 2007


Who Wants to be a Superhero? (Official page | Wiki page) is a Sci-Fi Channel reality television show hosted by comics legend Stan Lee, in which costumed contestants vie to be America's next great superhero. The winner gets his or her character featured in a comic book written by Stan Lee, and an original movie about the character that will air on the Sci-Fi Channel.

And of course I'm sending in an application for the show.

I've been scrambling since I learned the deadline for Season Two is only a few weeks away, but much good work has already been done. It helps when one half of the Gratz Industries team (yours truly) is a writer, and can thus tackle the nine-page application form (requesting, among other things, a full back-story for the character), and the other half of the team (Wendi) can sew up a costume for me.

Oh yes, you must have a costume.

And no, I will not be in tights.

I am not at liberty to reveal my super-hero identity to you at present, but I should be able to say more soon. I'm also required to send in a ten-minute video as both myself and my super-hero alter-ego, and if I can summon the courage I will post the video here for public ridicule comment enjoyment.

Excelsior!

4 comments:

Elizabeth O Dulemba February 27, 2007 at 4:54 PM  

OMG Alan, I can't wait to see your Super Alter Ego!
:)
e

Fabricationist February 27, 2007 at 11:54 PM  

I weep for you, and yes they are real tears that sting my face even now. Please come back to me. It's not too late.

TN-Tanuki March 1, 2007 at 5:22 PM  

Great Caesar's Ghost!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Of course, I can't wait to see the costume.

Alan Gratz March 4, 2007 at 10:39 AM  

You guys are just jealous.

Right?

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP