Jersey Girl

>> Sunday, February 18, 2007

Jo loves her Tennessee baseball jersey. If it's in her closet, it's what she chooses to wear. Alan and I were walking home the other day, watching Jo (in her jersey) walking in front of us and I told Alan that I'd like to make her another jersey or two. We were talking about what team or other image I could put on it and Alan had the idea to make it a fantasy baseball jersey. Genius!

I was going to do the Emerald City Wizards but Jo said she wanted a red jersey so it became the Wonderland Hearts. There's a heart-shaped patch on one sleeve that you can't see in this picture - but it's lightish pink to match the stitching on the jersey. I traced this pattern from her Tennessee jersey but I'd love to find an actual pattern so I can make one for myself too. Maybe I'll be the Oz Cyclones. Alan already has in a request for the Mad Hatters jersey.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  February 21, 2007 at 10:39 PM  

I cannot tell you how much I love that you have the word "scrotum" as a tag for this post.

As for the dust-up, I can't say that I'm surprised (though I'm appalled that librarians seem to be leading the charge), as this is the same country in which a woman recently threw a big enough fit that the marquee of a playhouse that was showing "The Vagina Monologues" was changed to say "The Hoohah Monologues", supposedly because she didn't want to have to explain the meaning of the word "vagina." To her daugher. Who, y'know, has one.

Anonymous,  February 21, 2007 at 10:40 PM  

Oh crap, I commented on the wrong post. Sorry.

Fabricationist February 22, 2007 at 12:00 PM  

The use of the term Scrotum seems to be viral and is infecting the entire blog. On another subject, I just ran across this rather interesting collection of vintage patters for sale that you might find interesting.
http://www.lanetzliving.net/vintage_retro_mccall_s_?b=1

No Jersey patterns of course.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP