Sprinkles Under Construction

>> Friday, December 29, 2006


I love starting a new quilt. This one I'm calling Sprinkles because I think it looks like hot fudge with sprinkles on it. Jo calls it the donut quilt - for the same reason. She especially likes that the sprinkles are HUGE. I've got all my blocks pieced and ready to assemble - and I hope to have the whole thing finished by the end of next week. It's twin-sized, so I think I can do it.

I've learned one very important lesson already with this quilt - new rotary cutting blades are good! I don't think I've EVER (and I've been quilting for a few years now) put in a new blade. It gets dull so gradually that you don't really notice. Did I always have to push this hard to get a clean cut? It wasn't until I actually nicked the blade (and had to cut everything twice to catch the part that the nick missed) that I finally got a new one. What a difference!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for dropping by our blog. Feel free to agree or disagree with us, or just chime in with moral support. We leave most everything, but we of course reserve the right to delete anything that's needlessly nasty, profane, or spam. Now, if you'll just insert your two cents into the slot below...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Read Alan's archived newsletters here.

Blog Archive

Swell Stuff

My Etsy Favorites

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP